So, last night was kind of a hard post for me to put out there for a few reasons, some of which I had no idea were happening. First of all, can I just say how much I hate it when Brandon has to leave for school?! Hang on, I HATE IT! There, I said it. Well, last night was one of those nights where he had to leave...bleh. Ok, anyway, we knew the bad weather was coming in, and the plan was for him to leave and beat the ice. Anyway, he left and I wrote the post about loving family time, blah, blah, blah. Then, around 10:30, he calls and says that he is ok, but slid off the road and into the guardrail. He constantly reassured me that he was fine and he made it to a hotel not too far away, but it still didn't make me feel any better. All I wanted was to be with him at that moment. I wanted for Lilli and her baby doll and me to pile up on Brandon and be like we had been a few hours earlier. I wanted things to be normal again. I knew he was fine, but I just kept thinking "what if?" I didn't even want to go there... Calm my anxious heart, O God...please! Here's a picture of the truck - he said it was just enough damage to make him mad, nothing else.

Now, since I'm refusing to let that be my picture for today, here's another one.
7/365
Much better, don't you think?! I do! Unfortunately, since Brandon was snowed in and not with us, Lilli and I decided to do a pile up of our own! We obviously had a snow day today - WOO HOO! We had a couple of inches of snow, but it was a lot of ice, too. Nonetheless, we had a good time! Lilli is probably starting to think that snow is a regular thing around here! We had a good time playing, and when it was all said and done, we warmed up with some yummy hot chocolate! We get another snow day tomorrow, but it's all because of the ice that's everywhere! We'll be tucked in tomorrow - safe and sound and warm!
No comments:
Post a Comment